[Digikam-users] field of action

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Thu Nov 12 12:09:08 GMT 2009

Hello :-)

I wonder why, when the cameras uses for now many years intelligent
light measure, no edit program do.

Cameras uses weighted zones. Some part of the image have more
importance than other, when we use all the photo.

the problem is very important for scanned images. It's very common to
have black parts included in the image (Agfa 1950' dias had round
corners - of course one could remove the frame, but then the scan will
take ages)

here an example: http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200911/cij0RG8CK1.jpg

it should be possible to select a part of the image and then launch
the automatic correction

may be this is possible but I didn't notice it?

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net