[Digikam-users] Hello, new to the list & Main window is blank in Digikam

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 22:55:25 GMT 2009

Hi all, I decided to join this list after finding no solutions at bugs.kde.org.
This has happened to me before when compiling a new digikam. After building and installing digikam with no errors, I end up with digikam not displaying any images in my albums. No thumbnails in other words... seems like a database problem. This happened most recently with Version 1.0.0-beta5 when I built it on my desktop machine running Mandriva 2010 official release. I built it along with kipi-plugins 0.8.0 from svn using cmake. Reinstalling digikam and kipi-plugins from official mandriva .rpm packages did not fix the problem. this has happened a couple times in the past & I have been able to reinstall digikam from the official Mandriva repositories and the problem has gone away. not this time, however.
Any suggestions on what I am overlooking? I'm guessing on of the dependencies needs to be reinstalled but I'm at a loss for which one.

John C.