[Digikam-users] Canon 500D and a RAW question

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:16:07 GMT 2009

2009/11/9 Sven Flossmann <sven.flossmann at googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for you answer and your screenshot proofing it would work.
>
>> This depend of libraw included to libkdcraw. use the most recent
>> version of libkdcraw provided by KDE (from kdegraphics component), and
>> all will be fine
>>
>> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/4047756974_860b8a54e8_b.jpg
>
> However, I wonder in which version of kdegraphics the Canon 500D would be
> supported.
>
> I installed the latest KDE 4.3.3 today and it seems that this version does not
> support the 500D.
>
> In the "Supported Camera" dialog I get version 0.5.0 for libkdcraw and version
> 0.7.2 for libraw.
>
> Do I have to manually install or compile something?

Here, i works only with trunk code of kdegraphics (KDE 4.4). version is 1.0.0.

Sound like digiKam have not be updated from your packages since you
have updated libkdcraw.

More than on version of this sahred lib can be installed at the same
time on your computer. This is why digiKam still to work

If a new version of libkdcraw is installed, digiKam need to be
recompiled (at least the package). Ask to your distro packager...