[Digikam-users] digiKam network collection problem

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Fri May 29 15:57:21 BST 2009

I have a similar problem.  I set up Digikam 0.10.0 on my wife's Windows box, using KDE for Windows.  My initial goal is to give my wife access to my image collection, hosted on a NAS box as a samba read-only share.  Digikam was able to locate the network collection, but when it tried to index the images into its locally-held database, it did nothing.  It said it was working, but there was no CPU activity, and it eventually crashed after many hours.

Under Linux, I would look in ~/.xsession-errors to try to find out what is going on, but what to do in Windows...??

Paul