[Digikam-users] Album properties lost

Sven ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 16:35:34 BST 2009

Tel arb.....: 08 - 524 861 22
Tel hem.....: 08 - 93 49 88
Skype.......: svensandin
Mobile Phone: 073-241 19 50On Saturday 16 May 2009, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Updated from 0.9.3 to 0.10.0 (both suse 10.3). Having done this all the
> > album properties I have entered since 2001 are suddenly gone (title,
> > caption, category and date). I did keep a backup of the digikam3.db file
> > and hope the info is still there.
> >
> > Why did this happen ? Can I export the properties and then import them
> > into 0.10 or should I wait for next suse-version ?
>
> This is indeed strange, we did not receive any such reports and 0.10 is out
> for a while now. If you know your SQL you can inspect the Albums table of
> your digikam4.db file, or you can send it to me.
> Have there been any error messages during conversion? Has everything else
> been cleanly ported?
>
> Marcel

There was no digikam4.db file only a digikam3.db. Im running digikam 0.9.3 and
digikam 0.10.0 in a mixed KDE3/KDE4 suse 10.3 installation. Can perhaps this
mix be of importance ?

I went back to ver 0.9.3 again (using my back up) due to this problem and also
that the previous 0.9.3/kde3 version was so much faster. I'll give it a try
in a few months again.

However, if it can be of any help I can start digikam 0.10 again and send you
my digikam3.db file or the digikam3.db file after being updated by digikam
0.10.

Sven