[Digikam-users] Tag behaviour

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:35:45 GMT 2009

Is there a way to set up digikam so that given a tag hierarchy

stuff
  foo
    bar
    baz
  snoozles
    dippers
    baz

that selecting to view foo, will include everything tagged stuff.foo,
stuff.foo.bar and stuff.foo.baz?

Further that if I select baz it will show me both foo.baz and snoozles.baz

example:  I have 6000 pictures of 80 species of trees, broken down in about 30
folders.

I want to find a pictures illustrating fall color.  So I want to choose
Trees.leaf_trees and season.fall and show all pics that have both tags.

Almost no trees are tagged trees.leaf_trees.  Instead they are tagged
Trees.leaf_trees.birches.paper_birch and trees.leaf_trees.oak.scarlet_oak

I don't want to put the entire hierarchy on each photo (I don't want to tag
something as stuff. stuff.foo stuff.foo.bar as this makes the lighttable
uninformitive.