[Digikam-users] Digikam crash when removing stars in editor

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:49:42 GMT 2009

Hello everyone!
I want to thanks developers for doing a great job with the new digiKam!
Three questions...

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my distro from the ultra-stable
Mandriva 2008.1 to the by-now-not -so-new Mandriva 2009, getting with it
a release candidate of new digiKam 0.10.
KDE4.1.3 was really unstable and I tried to update it using the KDE 4.2
repositories from here: http://kde.org/download/#v4.2.

Digikam was still unstable, crashing very often, so yesterday I
downloaded latest exiv2, kipi-plugins and digikam and tried to install
them from sources.
I'm not sure if everything went OK (but I didn't got any error when
compiling), I didn't tried everything, right now it seems to work
better, but digikam is still crashing when I'm in the editor and
remove/edit stars from photos in the thumbnail strip.
Is it a known problem? Is it possible to solve it? Should I open a new
bug report?

I guess you may need some more info about the problem, please tell me
what to do to give more useful  informations.

Second question: There's another thing I don't understand, I don't know
if I should consider it a bug or not... The problem is that the editor
and the lightbox start always in fullscreen mode, when I'd like to have
them in windowed mode. I  looked in the configuration, but couldn't find
any option to change this behaviour, any clue?

Lastly, since I work a lot with photos and digiKam, I was thinking to
wait some more time to use version 0.10.x and install latest 0.9.x
version, do you think such "downgrade" could be possibile (and not
dangerous) for my collection? (I have something like 70000 shots tagged
and starred...).

regards
gerlos