[Digikam-users] raw with digikam and other software

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:16:44 GMT 2009

2009/3/16 Sylvain CROUZILLAT <sylvain.crouzillat at croucrou.com>

> hi
>
> "Impossible n'est pas français" i think it could be translate by
> "impossible is not french"
>
> after you answer i have done many test.
>
> digikam read Tags from NX and NX read tags from digikam
>
> the probleme is with stars (rating)
>
> digikam read start put with capture NX but NX don't read stars put with
> digikam
>
> i use exiv2 -pxi
> to see diffrences.
>
> digikam put rating in Xmp.xmp.Rating
> and NX put rating in Xmp.xmp.Rating and Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating
>
> behind i have put exemple for 12345 stars
>

> For zero star :
> Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  0
> Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating          XmpText     1  0
>
> For one star :
> Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  1
> Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     1  1
>
> For two stars :
> Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  2
> Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  25
>
> For tree stars :
> Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  3
> Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  50
>
> For Four stars :
> Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  4
> Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  75
>
> For five stars :
> Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  5
> Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  99

ok. After to check your pictures send in private, i can said that Nikon
developper are wrong.

The official XMP tags, used by digiKam for Rating and defined in XMP paper
from Adobe is :

Xmp.xmp.Rating : as int value. digiKam set 0 to 5 as espected.

http://www.exiv2.org/tags-xmp-xmp.html

Microsoft use a dedicated namespace (the second part of xmp tag name), named
"MicrosoftPhoto", not "MicrosoftPhoto_1_"

Look here :

Exiv2 :
http://dev.exiv2.org/repositories/entry/exiv2/trunk/src/properties.cpp?rev=1750line
98

To Andreas : Why Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto namespace is not listed in tags
reference from Exiv2 web project page :

http://www.exiv2.org/metadata.html

and

ExifTool :
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/XMP.html#Microsoft

And nothing else.

For me, Nikon use "MicrosoftPhoto_1_" and it's an error or a bug. This is
want mean that image rated with M$ product are not visible in Nikon NX.
Great !

Of course, i can patch digiKam to take a care about this Nikon tag...

What do you think about ?

Gilles