[Digikam-users] Digikam 0.10.0 tags lost

Florian Wozak f.wozak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:55:28 BST 2009

Hi,

My tags-Image associations got partially lost after an OS upgrade.

Background Info:

I upgraded from the KDE 3 version of digikam to the KDE 4 Version 0.10.0 on
Kubuntu Intrepid - everything worked fine.

After OS upgrade (re-install) to Kubuntu Jaunty (still digikam 0.10.0) the
association between images and tags got lost:

 * The tags were still there, but images have lost their association

 * When adding an existing tag to a new image it is correctly associated and
displayed

 * The database seems OK: The table "Tags" contains all my tags and the the
 table "ImageTags" seems to have a correct mapping between my originally
tagged images and the "tagid" (I've manually checked few of them)

*  I have unintentionally also tagged audio (.wav) and video (.avi) files and
surprisingly the association between those files and the tags have "survived"
the upgrade.

 * The only thing that changed after the OS upgrade was the user-name - the
directory with photos and database was restored to the original path.

Do you have any ideas what could have messed up my tags? Tagging was a lot of
work and I would really appreciate to get my tags back working ;-)

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Florian