[Digikam-users] Upgrading for Digikam

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:11:29 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Mikolaj Machowski<mikmach at wp.pl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 June 2009 06:04:26 davidvincentjones wrote:
>> Digikam is my most critical application that I run on Ubuntu 8.10  with the
>> Gnome front end. I am operating with DK version 0.11.0-svn and KDE 4.2.2.
>> (I do currently have some critical EXIF issues with this combination).
>>
>> I am ready to upgrade to Ubuntu 9.4 and wonder whether I would be better to
>> install, right from the start, the KDE desktop for better compatibility
>> with Digikam.

My preference has always been KDE but thats me. I think you will
benefit if you install and run the whole KDE desktop with digikam.

> Note that current Ubuntu packages regarding digiKam are seriously broken. Very
> big percentage of latest reports were due to version mismatches in *buntu
> family.

There is nothing broken with Kubuntu, the bugs you referring to is
only if you have upgraded to KDE 4.2.90 from the kubuntu-experimental
PPA. Kubuntu Jaunty (9.04) has digikam 0.10.0 in the backports if I
remember right and it works without problem.

/ Jonas