[Digikam-users] Color management behaviour

Francisco Lorés Ara plores at telefonica.net
Sat Jun 20 17:35:27 BST 2009

Hi,

I have also experimented with some profiles from Bibble. This software has
profiles for a large nuber of brands and models. Some of them work quite well;
in my case (Canon EOS 450D) the file canonc.icm is best suited with digiKam.
(i wonder if this use of the profiles might create legal issues; if anyone
have information, please let me know),  However, all these are "blind" tests
as the profiles don't have inside the brand/model camera information. You'll
need to trust your eyes :-)

As a general rule, it seems that the only way to obtain profiles is from
manufacturer's or third parties software, and these will be at best
approximate. "The" profile could only be obtained by means of a
spectrocolorimeter...  :-(

Best for everyone

Francisco

On Sábado, 20 de Junio de 2009, Francesco  wrote:
Hi,

,------[ Milan said ::  ]
| P.S. BTW, use of Canon's profiles may not be the best option
| since these profiles were built for Canon's software, not
| for digiKam's raw converter. However, if the output is
| satisfactory, it is better than nothing.
`------

Any thoughts on how one might determine or obtain profiles
that are more suited.  I too have been using those supplied
by canon and am always looking for ways to improve my setup.

Many thanks,