[Digikam-users] Some color management questions

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Jun 15 14:37:56 BST 2009

Am Samstag, 13. Juni 2009 13:35:13 schrieb Rainer Krienke:
> Hello,
>
> i run digikam 0.10 on my openSuSE 11.1 box. All my photos are in sRGB
> colorspace. JPG files I convert from my cameras NEF files (using bibble)
> are also in sRGB. In digikam colormanagement is disabled. So far so good.
> Up to now I never had any color problems.
>
> Today a friend send me some JPG photos. I know he also shoots in RAW (Nikon
> D300) and then converts these files into either tiff or JPG. We spent a

Hello,

thanks for you answers. In between I solved the problem. The source of trouble
was really the ADOBE RGB colorspace that had been used for the photos of my
friend.  I converted all of them to sRGB. The only thing I had to else then
was to reduce saturation since all photos were clearly oversaturated after
conversion to sRGB.

Since i did not see a batch feature for this in digikam (I had about 300
photos) I used bibble for this after all, where this could be done with a
select all photos keyboard shortcut 1 more mouse click to adjust saturation
and another key press to start conversion.  Now digikam displays the jpgs
correctly and I can stay with color management turned off.

I think for digikam it would be helpful to have a way to look at a photo in
another color space where digikam should convert colors on the fly (without
changing the photo and trying to write it to disk and a batch conversion that
can do this for all photos at once.

Thanks
Rainer
--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312