[Digikam-users] Olympus E-520

Skip Evans skip at penguinsites.com
Thu Jun 11 02:41:39 BST 2009

Hey Bruce,

When I turn the camera on connected to the USB port it pops up
on the desktop as a hard drive icon and says 2.0GB Media
underneath, which is correct.

Doing a tail -f /var/log/messages shows it properly connecting
and disconnecting as it's turned on and off, connecting with
the last message as

Attached SCSI removable disk

So it looks like Ubuntu is working just fine with it.

As I said, I can use it now with F-Spot or even just the file
manager to move images off the camera to the workstation, and
then I'm writing some Perl and PHP stuff to do resizing.

I just really enjoyed using DigiKam with my old Canon DSLR,
but that was a while back and I sure would like to have all
those new features to play with the new version offers.

Skip

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 June 2009, Skip Evans wrote:
>> Digikam will not even find the E-520, that's the problem I'm
>> having. I try auto-detect and it says it can't find it.
>
> What mode do you have the camera in for 'talking' to the PC?   PTP?  Mass
> Storage,  other?
>
> Can you find any evidence that the camera was seen by 9.04?   Such as a
> message in  /var/log/messages  ??

Skip Evans
503 S Baldwin St, #1
Madison WI 53703