[Digikam-users] Difference between collection types

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 18:20:37 BST 2009

> Pretty darn complicated, but it seems to work.  The only problem now is
> converting my tags.  I still have the same albums, but they have moved
> around on the filesystem.  In other words, an album was at /a/b/c, and is
> now at /d/e/f.  Is there anyway to get Digikam to move the tags to the new
> location?

There is a "uniqueHash" field in the database (which is not 100% strong but
identical for identical files) which digikam uses to see if it already knows a
file. Now if you add new albums and these contain only files already in the
database (by content), it will just copy the attributes including tags. That
should work.  If not, file a bug. There is usually output on the console along
the lines "Recognized xy as identical to yz".

Marcel