[Digikam-users] Importing from a Card

Alec Bau alecbau at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 23:09:26 BST 2009

Yes, I also noticed terribly slow import times from my 150x 2G SD card
with some 8MP jpegs. It's like at least 5 times slower than normal
file level copy. I guess what happens is that dK opens each image to
read Exif info and possibly extract preview. It also updates metadata
on each file. Still ACDSee (on Windows) does similar thing incredibly
faster than dK.