[Digikam-users] NikonPreview?

Tim Jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:55:12 BST 2009

Do these errors:

Error: Directory NikonPreview with 2020 entries considered invalid; not
read.
Error: Directory NikonPreview with 2020 entries considered invalid; not
read.
Error: Directory Panasonic with 3500 entries considered invalid; not
read.

indicate a problem with my libkexiv2 library? I'm running beta2 but I also
got them from v0.10.0. I initially thought I had a seriously corrupt hard
drive but a search indicates that this error message cropped up in March on
the digikam mailing list. Is there any further comment on the problem? I
assume it means that the XMP information has not been written correctly. It
occurred when I tried to sync metadata with database. I had only edited two
images with v0.10 before upgrading to beta2 so most of the files I have do
not have XMP information in them, just IPTC keywords written by v0.9.x

Tim