[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Jul 9 11:16:08 BST 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 10:37:13, Andi Clemens wrote:

> Daniel,
> how many items  / images do you have in your database?
> In my current test collection, I have 200.000, but my database is only
> 180MB big.
>
> Maybe yours is really corrupted (or has a lot of old entries, that you
> might need to delete manually).
>
> If you have less images, you could try to remove all entries from the table
> "images" that have a status of 3 (deleted).

Hi Andi,

As I cleaned up my laptop last week there are now only the actual 9086 image
files in digikam. The db file is 1.6 MB. But please keep in mind that I still
use digikam 0.9.3.

However, after a reboot, starting digikam takes 66 seconds until the splash
screen appears and then another 10 seconds to appear the album.

At home (with many, many more images) it takes much longer, so that I start it
and then go and have a coffee. This applies only to the *first* start of
digikam, later starts are much faster.

I also have a kde4-digikam 0.10.0.The splash screen appeard immediately - and
styed there for 28 Minutes untill  I killed the process, renamed digikam4.db
and restartet 0.10.0.. It shows me that it imports/updates the database...
After 21 minutes it's is finally here.... One reason I decided to stay with
the old version....

The new digikam4.db is 4.5 MB.

in the 0.9.3 images table there is no field called "status"...

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/