[Digikam-users] Making sure not to lose comments and other metadata

Tim Edwards tkedwards at fastmail.com.au
Thu Jan 29 19:28:07 GMT 2009

I've got a fair number of JPG photos in a digikam album that I want to
start making comments on. However I'm not sure where these comments are
stored, and how easy they are to lose when moving photos to different
computers etc. Most of the photos appear to have EXIF metdata created by
the camera.

So my questions are: Is EXIF a supported enough format that I should
keep the photos like that, or is there a way to convert the metadata to
XPM? Can I have comments stored in both the digikam database and in the
EXIF metadata on the JPG files?