[Digikam-users] Folder structure

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:09:19 GMT 2009

Chris G ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 08:06:25PM +0100, Jonas Norlander wrote:
>
>> Pictures
>>     Photos
>>         2007
>>             2007-01-01
>>             2007-01-10 - My Birthday
>>         2008
>>         2009
>>     Wallpapers
>>

> Which just confirms my thoughts about it, that 2007-01-10 is a huge
> waste of space, I want longer descriptive titles and compact 'dates'.
> The 2007 is totally redundant, we already know it's 2007.
>
> As I said I *know* I can use the ISO or similar format but it really
> doesn't fit my requirements very well.

Yes, it's true, using yyyy-mm-dd-description it's a /little/ waste of
space, but this way your directory it's "portable": just copy it on a
CD, and you don't need to change anything. And even if you delete it
accidentally, you can restore it from backup without the risk of
changing its name and loosing informations in digikam database (you
know, if digikam 0.9.* don't find a directory, it asks you to delete its
data from the database...).

Maybe I'm paranoic, but I prefer a little redundancy, to feel more
"secure"...

regards
gerlos