[Digikam-users] Folder structure

François listes.info at laposte.net
Wed Jan 28 18:19:10 GMT 2009

Marc Deop i Argemí a écrit :
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 11:23:09 Allan Dreyer Andersen wrote:
>> Hey all
>>
>> I'm a new user of Digikam (and DSLR for that matter too) and found it
>> very easy to use but sure there still much to learn :-)
>
> Welcome to the amazing world of Digikam!
>
>> I'm wondering, how do you organize your pictures on a folder level? Do
>> you use dates and handle everything within Digikam or do you create a
>> folder for every event and handle the rest inside Digikam.
>>

> Well, I simply make folders for every different ocasion I take pictures,
> leaving the date handling to digikam and its database ;)

My structure is linked to my current SLR "hardware".
One folder for one memory card.
Each sizes 4GB, so each card is copied on a DVD once finished.
For some special events, I create special subfolders, but I have an
extensive and intensive use of comments and tags.
(XMP support in the next 0.10 is a great thing)

Regards,

   François