[Digikam-users] (no subject)

Tommaso Schiavinotto mynos_main at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 12 10:57:49 GMT 2009

Hi,
I tried to compile digikam from SVN. The compilation run smoothly but I had some problem trying to execute it starting
from a 9.4.

I filed a bug (# 180342) about the problems I run into, but I suspect most of the problem are due to me having installed
in
/opt when all KDE is installed in /usr/ (I don't want to install
digikam in /usr because there I only have package managed software).
Furthermore I'm using digikam from gnome.

I followed the instrunctions at:
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam+Compilation+on+Kubuntu+Intrepid
changing the prefix to "/opt".
(All the wiki is not working at the moment and I cannot check it again)

I tried to link some of the service files from /opt/share/kde4/{services,servicetypes} to /usr/share/kde4,
but still all the albums are empty and I still get errors in console.

So here my questions:
1) Is it possible to tell KDE4 to check in /opt/ other than /usr/?
2) If this is not the case, how can I install digikam in a directory that is not /usr?

Thanks,
--Tommaso