[Digikam-users] Finding geotagged images with the marble widget

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Tue Jan 6 20:50:32 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I just tried how the marble widget works in the current digikam 0.10-svn and
have some questions related to this. From other posts on this list I knew that
in order to select part of the marble map, one has to use the mouse with the
ctrl key pressed. But I got strange results:

In many cases, when selecting an area in the marble widget in the left sidebar
which does not contain any coordiantes of geotagged images, many results where
displayed in the album view. These were images with attached coordinates, but
nowhere close to the region where I was looking. For example, looking in
Brazil returned pictures located in Italy. When having the marble widget in
the right sidebar open as well, this centered correctly on the location of the
selected image.

A second issue is that I do not see any markers in the widget indicating the
positions of the images in the current album.

I therefore wanted to ask the developers about the status of this part of
digikam: Is it still under heavy development such that submitting bug reports
does not make any sense right now? Or do others not find the behaviour I
desribed?

Best,
Gandalf