[Digikam-users] Map for editing geolocation

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Tue Jan 6 19:26:39 GMT 2009

Today, I tried for the first time the geolocation editing feature of
digiKam.  I'm not getting a map in the Image -> Geolocation -> Edit
Coordinates dialog.  Can anyone help me, please?

I ran strings(1) on the plugin (/usr/lib/kde3/kipiplugin_gpssync.so) and
discovered that it might want gpsbabel, so I installed that.  It didn't
change anything.

I'm running this on an Asus EEE PC 1000 with Ubuntu 8.10, Gnome 2.24.1,
digiKam 0.9.4, and Kipi Plugins 0.1.5.  I have all of the Ubuntu package
updates through this morning.