[Digikam-users] Recursive tags

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Feb 26 09:36:50 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 04:30:45AM +0000, Frederic Gedin wrote:
> Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at ...> writes:
>

> > You can right click on the tag "France" and use "Select->Children".
> > This way France and all its children are filtered.
> >
> > Andi
> >

> Thank you Andi for this.
> I am not sure this is a quite convenient behavior as it works only if I use the
> "or" combination. So if I want to select all pictures tagged for Burgundy with
> my last child, I need to go to the search tab while this could be achieved
> easily with the tag filter if this tag filter had an independent recursive
> option.

I agree with Frederic, it would be more 'as expected' if when I want
to see everything in France that it includes everything tagged 'below'
France in the tag hierarchy without having to do anything special.

In general I have nothing tagged with *only* France, they all have at
least a departement and in some cases a town as well.  The default
should be for everything below the tag to be included in the selection
as well with an option for saying one wants to see only images which
have no hierarchy below them.

--
Chris Green