[Digikam-users] Some matters with metadata edit

Photonoxx smtp.no at laposte.net
Mon Feb 2 11:47:09 GMT 2009

Le Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:13:01 +0100, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com> a écrit:

> 2009/2/2 Photonoxx <smtp.no at laposte.net>
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I use Digikam 0.10 rc2 (rev 916863), and I notice some matters when I
>> edit
>> metadata on my RAW files (but i should probably be the same thing with
>> Jpeg.
>>

>> The first thing, is if I check the option for write the default identity
>> item as tag, if the named tag already exist, it will be overwritten...
>> Is
>> there a way to avoid this ?
>>

> no. a file already exist in bugzilla to add photographers list
> management in
> digiKam. It's not yet done.

It's not specificly to manage Photographer list, but I import my photo
 from memory card to harddisk with exiftool which already add some info
about my identy. I want to say it, may be, will be great that Digikam
don't overwrite a tag (author, copyrights, etc...) if this one already
exist, except if it's expressively asked.

>> A second notice is that when I check a tag in the "caption/tag" tab in
>> the
>> right panel and I apply it, Digikam write IPTC and XMP metadata in the
>> RAW
>> file, but, if I unchecked this tag afterall, the IPTC seems to be
>> removed
>

> You want mean the IPTC keyword tag is removed ?

Yes, as I want. When you check a tag and apply it in Digikam, there's IPTC
Keywords and XMP Subject added. But if I uncheck a tag, the XMP subject
entry persist.

>> but the XMP don't.
>

> Please post here the list of IPTC and XMP tags from your image. In
> metadata
> tab from right sidebar, there is a button to copy in clipboard metadata
> contents as text.

is there the XMP :
File name: nb-photos-20090201-115805.nef (XMP Schema)

>>> Dublin Core <<<

Creator : Nicolas Boulesteix
Description : photonoxx at free.fr Boulesteix Nicolas
Rights : (c) Nicolas Boulesteix, all rights reserved / tous droits réservés
Source :
Subject : Mer

>>> digiKam <<<

Tags List :