[Digikam-users] Some matters with metadata edit

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 11:13:01 GMT 2009

2009/2/2 Photonoxx <smtp.no at laposte.net>

> Hi,
>
> I use Digikam 0.10 rc2 (rev 916863), and I notice some matters when I edit
> metadata on my RAW files (but i should probably be the same thing with
> Jpeg.
>

> The first thing, is if I check the option for write the default identity
> item as tag, if the named tag already exist, it will be overwritten... Is
> there a way to avoid this ?

no. a file already exist in bugzilla to add photographers list management in
digiKam. It's not yet done.

> A second notice is that when I check a tag in the "caption/tag" tab in the
> right panel and I apply it, Digikam write IPTC and XMP metadata in the RAW
> file, but, if I unchecked this tag afterall, the IPTC seems to be removed

You want mean the IPTC keyword tag is removed ?

> but the XMP don't.

Please post here the list of IPTC and XMP tags from your image. In metadata
tab from right sidebar, there is a button to copy in clipboard metadata
contents as text.

> So I don't know if it's bug, a miss or if I miss
> something in configuring Digikam, but it's for me potentially problematic.
>

> A third, less important, thing, is that when I edit and apply some
> metadata, the last modified date of the file is not changed. It make sense
> for me, because I use Synkron to make backup of my album, and as long
> Synkron look only at modification date, it don't see any changes if I only
> modify metadatas with digikam on these files. I don't know if it's
> possible to set the modification date to the files attributes when
> metadatas are modified, but it will be great for me.

For that, there is a new option in metadata control panel, but only when you
use libkexiv2 from trunk