[Digikam-users] digikam-users and other questions

loerzi at gmx.net loerzi at gmx.net
Mon Dec 14 13:49:15 GMT 2009

Hello Daniel,

as far as I understand it you have to do the following things to merge your information into the pictures

Goto Settings->Configure digiKam->MetaData

Check the checkbox at 'Save image tag as "Keywords" tag (to store your tags) and 'Save image captions as embedded text' (to store your comments) and 'Save image ratings as tags' (to store your ratings)

After that whenever you change the tag in the database it is written to the file to. I use Digikam 1.0.0rc since a few weeks on a linux VM with an external drive and it works very well.

To store the data in the file for all the files you have already tagged you have to use the menu entry 'Write Metadata to selected files' under Image  or 'Write Metadata to all files' under Tools.

NOTE: The tag information is not stored in EXIF (this is more for camera specific data) but in IPTC.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
 Daniel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------