[Digikam-users] Images not visible on Light Table

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sat Dec 12 18:27:15 GMT 2009

It's interesting the different priorities people have for software. In trying to find recommendations for software like this, many people seem fixated on whether or not it can process RAW, and nothing else.

I don't use RAW, but the side by side compare, with synchronised zoom, is a primary consideration.

I use it for bird photography, where most photos must be heavily cropped. I can't tell which photos are the best focused without side by side zooming.

Lightroom is near perfect for what I want. To see 4 side by side would be better, but you can't have everything.  My trial expires in 3 weeks ...

I'm hoping digiKam will be as good. The only thing I see missing so far is a dual rating system. Lightroom has a number and a colour rating. I can use one to rate focus, and one to rate pose, then filter for the best of each.  I can probably use a tag for this instead.

Apologies for top posting. I'm on my Blackberry, it's the only way possible.

Sent using BlackBerry