[Digikam-users] Cannot see photos in Digikam: suspect libmarble conflict

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:55:26 BST 2009

Several months ago I installed the then-latest Digikam (0.10.x) on the
wife's computer. It was found that that version of Digikam would not
work with the version of libmarble then installed: 4.3.0. Downgrading
to libmarble 4.2.2 allowed Digikam to once again show the photos.

We have now updated the system again, and Digikam 1.0.0 beta3 is
installed. Once again, we cannot see the photos. However, this time I
am unable to downgrade libmarble: doing so removes digikam.
Additionally, I cannot seem to reinstall digikam without upgrading
libmarble first. What can we do?

I am using Kubuntu 9.04 with the KDE 4.3 PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~digikam-experimental/+archive/ppa

After fighting with this, I also installed the digikam-experimental
PPA but since it does not provide libmarble it did not make any
difference in our ability to see the photos:
https://launchpad.net/~digikam-experimental/+archive/ppa

Please advise on how to get the pictures shown. Thanks in advance.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il