[Digikam-users] how to import old Database in new Digikam?

Sven ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 20:11:48 BST 2009

Hi,

I had big problems converting from 0.9.3 to 0.10 as the album properties with
comments, tags, date and album thumbnails were lost. Everything else worked.
An advice is to keep a backup of the digikam3.db file. I finally managed
after a lot of trial and error. For me the trick was to have digikam
overwriting the old digikam3 file using the old directory instead of storing
it in a new directory. Not sure why! Also, the digikam4.db file was 10 MB
compared with 3 MB of the origianl digikam3.db.

Sven