[Digikam-users] how to import old Database in new Digikam?

Tim Jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:25:59 BST 2009

Digikam 1.0.0 should find the digikam3.db file in the directory that you
nominated to write the database file and it should create a new digikam4.db
database derivd from it. This "just worked" for me (I write all metadata to
images anyhow, but videos imported with all tags and comments retained). I
will note that it doesn't seem to say anywhere in the readme that digikam
will automatically update an older database.

Tim