[Digikam-users] No images displayed

tim.jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:22:45 BST 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Luka Renko wrote:

>>> I alreadey had the same problem (no images displayed when installed
>>> in /usr/local instead of /usr) with KDE 4.2.4.
>>
>> That's interesting. I may well have been using KDE 4.2.3 last week
>> but
>> digikam was definitely working for me with beta3 in a private build
>> at
>> that time. Implying that KDE changed behaviour between 4.2.3 and
>> 4.2.4?
>
> But you had also digikam package installed on your system? Then you
> were using
> system's digikam kioslaves with 4.2.4, which were later broken when
> you
> installed 4.3 (due to unstable ABI of marble widget).

Aha. So you mean if I rebuild my system's digikam v0.10.0 on a KDE4.3
system (I'm running gentoo) then my subversion build will start
working again? Fantastic. I will try that (I had not realised that
digikam would pick up the old installed version for some things). I
can confirm that the system digikam was not rebuilt during the KDE4.3
upgrade (but I can't test until I get home).

Thanks!!

--
Tim Jenness