[Digikam-users] Star Deletion

davidvincentjones davidvj at verizon.net
Mon Aug 10 20:16:58 BST 2009

Took a bunch of new images.
Double click first image to get thumbnails across the bottom.
Marked the first 'keeper' with a 1 Star (Control + 1)
Did a couple more .. then realized that "starred" items were being removed
from among the thumbnails.
Starred items are now no longer in the DK system!

Very dangerous!!

The images are still in the folder but I will need to massage them
individually to get them back into DK.
At this point I am using ShowPhoto to open the 'lost' images, save the Raw
files to PNG and thus retain the EXIF info etc. .... now DK can see the
images again.
There does not appear any way to simply rename a Raw file and get it back
into the system. Just gone!

I am working with the current 0.10.0 with Ubuntu 9.04 right out of the
standard synaptic distribution.