[Digikam-users] thumbnails in album view are flickering with high frequency

Gregor Kappler gregor.kappler at univie.ac.at
Fri Aug 7 11:17:19 BST 2009

Hi,

I updated my Kubuntu Jaunty to KDE 4.3.00 Caizen  (using the experimental
repositories) and since then digikam Version 1.0.0-beta1 is rendered
practically unusable because the thumbnails in any album view are flickering
with high frequency. Most of them are invisible most of the time. The
flickering seems to react to mouse movements over the canvas.

I first tried digikam Version 1.0.0-beta3 by compiling the tar ball on my
computer. The new version is showing the same symptoms.

Does anybody experience similar problems? Any hints how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Gregor