[Digikam-users] just an idea - what do you think?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Apr 15 19:27:54 BST 2009

Hello ingenious digiKam programmers, hi dear users

now that cameras generate that huge files (and above all poor kde users soon
must suffer from kde4's hunger for computer power), things get slower
again...

Now when I do some corrections using digicam (even just a crop), of course I
have to save the file before I can continue with the next picture. 44MB png:
I light a cigarette...24%, and wait...36% and smoke....68%...

If I could just save my *actions* in a file (a "recorder") without saving the
*result* of my actions  to the actual files, I could easily go to the next
picture, do my corrections, save the action for that picture, go to the
next... and only at the end, when I go out to have a coffee in the sun, I let
run the saved actions and let them be applied and saved to the files.

I would save all the waiting time - and a lot of cigarettes ;-)

Is this idea stupid, an old hat, very healthy, or what do you think?
Would it be easy to add to digiKams functionalities?

I'm looking forward to read your thoughts.

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/