[Digikam-users] Which Colletion type ?

Vincent Tassy timetre at free.fr
Thu Apr 2 18:17:21 BST 2009

Hi,

I just switched today to Digikam 0.10 and I have a problem choosing how
I should declare my photo Collection ... let me explain.

I have my photo collection on a NAS, accessible through NFS, SMB, SSHFS,
etc ...

I have a workstation permanently attached to the network and on that
workstation, I have declared my collection as "on a network share". that
was a given.

I also have a laptop on which I also have digikam installed and on which
I would like to keep track of the photo collection on my NAS... The
laptop, obviously, is not always connected to the network ... So should
I decalre my collection as being on a network share ? or as being on a
removable media ?

I couldn't find in the documentation the technical differences between
these collection types ? (locking ? frequency of update lookups ?)

Thanks in advance for your advice !

Cheers,

Vince.