[Digikam-users] Storing tags in Akonadi?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:37:53 BST 2008

After 0.10 is out the door, would it be wise to consider storing tags
in Akonadi? If the tags were stored in Akonadi, then they could
integrate with Kontact, no? An example usage would be that I am
looking at pictures of Kristina in Digikam, and I want to email her.
Or, I am in Kontact looking at Paul's data, and I pull up pictures of
him. This might also help lead to integration between Digikam and
other KDE photo applications, such as KPhotoAlbum. As Akonadi is not
KDE-specific, even F-Spot could then adopt Akonadi integration.

Let me know everyone's thoughts on the matter. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il