[Digikam-users] Export question (to HTML in particular but also in general)

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Tue Sep 2 10:03:25 BST 2008

Hi Chris

Am Dienstag, 2. September 2008 10:43:43 schrieb Chris G:
> I want to export selected pictures from two albums to a web page (or
> pages), I can't see any really straightforward way of doing this, am I
> missing something?
>
> I can see Export - HTML Gallery but that doesn't seem to provide me
> with any way to select the pictures I want to export.  All I got was
> an alphabetic list of every album in my database and I could select
> an album.  I want to select individual images.  (By the way by "HTML
> Gallery" does it mean the program "Gallery", or what?)

html gallery creates a html page displaying thumbnails of the selected
pictures linked to (resized, if wanted) versions of the images. No upload is
involved, ie the result is stored in some local folder. You have the choice
between a number of different styles as far as the design of that html page is
concerned. In the export menu, there is also a button to export to gallery,
but that's a different tool.

as far as i know, one can presently not select individual images for html
export directly. However, you can select any album, so putting the desired
images in a subfolder and then picking that subfolder as the album to export
in the tool does what you want. Moreover, you can select what to export with a
tag filter. So you could also assign them a tag like "html-export" and select
images from different albums this way.

best,
gandalf