[Digikam-users] Conversion from digikam3.db to digikam4.db

Michel Pottier Michel.Pottier at free.fr
Mon Oct 27 20:57:01 GMT 2008

Frederic Gedin a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Is there any tool to convert digikam3.db to digikam4.db ?
> When I launch digikam on my previous album, I get an error dialog box
> suggesting me to erase my digikam3.db file. Not a very good idea as I am
> quite reluctant to re-tag several thousands of images.
>
> the exact message  is :
>
> The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an
> internal error. Please delete the database files ("digikam3.db" and
> "digikam4.db" in "/home/photo_video/frederic/photos") if you want to try
> to run digiKam with an empty database - it might work then.

Hello,
 i recently installed mandriva 2009 which comes with kde4 and digikam
10.xx beta.
Before running this beta version i had made a backup of digikam3.db and
the first time i ran version 10 it creates a digikam4.db file:

-rw-r--r--  1 michel michel  3107840 2008-10-14 09:57
digikam3.db.apresInstall2009
-rw-r--r--  1 michel michel 12561408 2008-10-15 13:48 digikam4.db

As digikam 10 is not an operational version i decided to install version
0.9.5: This version has read the initial digikam3db without problem
(this means that this database file had not been corrupted by digikam
10). So I think that the correct tools to convert from digikam3.db to
digikam4.db (or to create a digikam4.db) is digikam 10.0. Do you have a
backup of 3.db to retry the conversion with digikam 10.