[Digikam-users] Conversion from digikam3.db to digikam4.db

Frederic Gedin frederic.gedin at free.fr
Sun Oct 26 21:32:47 GMT 2008

Hi

Is there any tool to convert digikam3.db to digikam4.db ?
When I launch digikam on my previous album, I get an error dialog box
suggesting me to erase my digikam3.db file. Not a very good idea as I am
quite reluctant to re-tag several thousands of images.

the exact message  is :

The schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an
internal error. Please delete the database files ("digikam3.db" and
"digikam4.db" in "/home/photo_video/frederic/photos") if you want to try
to run digiKam with an empty database - it might work then.

Any clue ?

Regards

Frederic