[Digikam-users] dynamic range problem

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 20:30:33 BST 2008

2008/10/7 mfi <mfi at go2.pl>

> Gilles Caulier pisze:
> > Raw Import  tool do not exist with 0.9.4. <http://0.9.4.> Only current
> > code from svn (coming with next 0.9.5 release) has this code.
> >
> > You can customize highlight recovery level in Raw decoding settings
> > panel, but this config is common for all RAW files to load in editor.
> > You cannot customize it like with RAW Import.
> >
> > Also, 0.9.4 use old dcraw based libkdcraw. 0.9.5 use new version with
> > LibRaw: it's more powerfull.
> >
> I could accept common setting for all RAW files - at least for
> highlights recovery level - (most programs even don't have settings for
> this I guess, they import RAW automatically), but I only would like it
> to work as it does in other programs.
>

> > Can you take a screencast of you digikam session, including RAW
> > setting and RAW loading in editor ? Best tool for that is
> > recordmydesktop...
> >
> > Gilles
> here it is:
>
> http://www.fotopolska.info/example/digiKam.ogv (6,4 MB) - every possible
> highlights setting tried.

Witch version of libkdcraw you use exactly ? Go to About dialog and look
version ID of library.

It sound like  bug fixed in current version, but i'm not sure.

I will release a new libkdcraw based on LibRaw. Code is stable now. I think
this will fix your problem definitivly. It will support also new RAW
cameras, especially devices show to Photokina during september.