[Digikam-users] Kipi batch conversion to .png

Dick Angus RJA-Linux at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 2 15:35:52 BST 2008

I am still using KDE 3.5.10 on Kubuntu with Digikam 0.9.3 and Kipi 0.1.5. I
have a bunch of pictures stored in Digikam albums, commented, and tagged that
I had saved as .tiff. With a lot of reading I realized that .png is a better
choice. I used .tiff as my camera will store shots in that format. I find
that if I do a Kipi batch conversion to .png I keep the comments, but I drop
all the tags. Is there a setting I'm missing or do I have to wait for KDE4
and Digikam 1.0 before I can do this safely? TIA
--
An old mainframer getting modern