[Digikam-users] digikam 0.10

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Fri Nov 14 15:31:17 GMT 2008

Gilles, thanks for the quick answer and the explanations

Gilles Caulier schrieb:
>     * the timeline view does not show any pictures
> Do you use it properlly ? Work fine here. Tutorial :
ok, that was a fault on my side, I clicked on the green bars instead of the tab
below the x-axis
This might however be the default behavior of those not reading the fantastic
manuals, so it could be worth considering making those bars click-sensitive, too.
>     * if I convert a raw file into dng, the thumbnail has a much more
>     reddish cast
> Alpha 700 or 900 ? If yes, i have already seen this problem. Sound like
Alpha 700. So I will wait and see. Having this dng conversion at all is a great
progress in my eyes, and as soon as it works flawless I do consider converting
my old Minolta 7D raw files to dng. I hate the idea that those could become
worthless heaps of bytes because there is no converter available any more
>     * the dialogs in the image editor are much too wide and need the
>     usage of the scrollbar to view all buttons
> There is no dialog for all image editor tool. all are embeded in main
> editor window.
Yep, but the area they take is adjustable and at first was much too small on my
screen, therefore the need to scroll.
When re-trying this I noticed that the refocus-dialog has no zoom slider and/or
buttons any more, or are they just not visible in my case? Anyhow, especially
sharpening I prefer in a 100% view to detect any oversharpening

Best regards and thanks again

Markus