[Digikam-users] digikam 0.10

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:33:59 GMT 2008

2008/11/14 Markus Spring <m.spring at gmx.de>

> So far the new look of digikam is very impressing! Kudos to all the
> developers.
>
> Getting deeper into it, I noticed some bugs:
>
> * aperture and shutter speed are not shown in quick info, yet they are
> visible
> in the side bar information

Yes. we have seen that with Marcel during Coding Sprint at Genoa. Sound like
an information in database is not written properlly _or_ is not extracted on
the right way. I have hacked this problem a little without to found the
problem. Ask to Marcel if he has investiguate this point.

> * moving an image to dolphin does not update the thumbnail view, the image
> is
> still visible but not any more available in the folder

Look commit from Marcel today:

SVN commit 884279 by mwiesweg:

Fixes copy-and-paste from Dolphin to icon view.

 M  +1 -2      digikam/albumiconview.cpp

> * the timeline view does not show any pictures

Do you use it properlly ? Work fine here. Tutorial :

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/293

> * if I convert a raw file into dng, the thumbnail has a much more reddish
> cast
> than the original (sony) raw file thumbnail

Alpha 700 or 900 ? If yes, i have already seen this problem. Sound like
color Matrix to convert RAW color space to RG is wrong (from dcraw
implementation). We need to way next dcraw release code (backported to
libraw)

> * the dialogs in the image editor are much too wide and need the usage of
> the
> scrollbar to view all buttons

There is no dialog for all image editor tool. all are embeded in main editor
window.