[Digikam-users] [OT] Monitor Calibration with whacky White Point

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 00:42:05 GMT 2008

Paul Waldo ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get the monitor on my laptop (Dell Precision M6300) calibrated. I am following the instructions at Norman Koren's page (http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html), using his gamma charts to tweak gamma on the laptop.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid and using the nVidia X Server Settings tool to try to calibrate the LCD. The problem is that it has a horrible color cast, making the Monitor Test Pattern (http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html#Monitor_test_pattern) non-neutral.

Try using some tool like monica
http://www.pcbypaul.com/software/monica.html

Or the gamma page in kcontrol to get a neutral tone. You should unlink
the 3 color channels and set them indipendently.

Maybe also the "build a coarse profile"  function in the monitor tab in
LProf could be useful.

Note that a yellowish color cast is normal on a well calibrated
monitor... but it will seem yellowish only at the beginnig! Your eyes
will adapt.

good luck
gerlos