[Digikam-users] [OT] Monitor Calibration with whacky White Point

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Wed Nov 12 20:54:20 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the monitor on my laptop (Dell Precision M6300) calibrated. I am following the instructions at Norman Koren's page (http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html), using his gamma charts to tweak gamma on the laptop.

I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid and using the nVidia X Server Settings tool to try to calibrate the LCD. The problem is that it has a horrible color cast, making the Monitor Test Pattern (http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html#Monitor_test_pattern) non-neutral.

The underlying cause is that this laptop has no way of adjusting the color temperature. It is probably around 9300K, and there is no way to get it to 6500K.

I was hoping that someone out there has had and resolved this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul