[Digikam-users] [?OT] Numpty memory card question

Francesco Scaglioni fgs at mossdog.net
Mon May 12 12:28:15 BST 2008

Hi,

My 500meg card takes about 4 seconds to save a tiff from my
8 meg camera.  I recently brought a 1G card (advertised as
120x speed) and a tiff takes aprox 14 seconds.  Is the card
faulty or have I just brought the wrong one.  The camera has
formatted the card.  Interestingly the 500 meg card mounts
(ubuntu) in the card reader slot of this laptop whilst the
1G card will only mount if I use a separate USB card reader
(if thats relevant).

TIA

Francesco

-
-
-
-
-
-
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and
is
intended for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).  It
must
not
be disclosed to any other person  without our authority.  If you are
not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to
the
intended recipient or are aware that this e-mail has been sent to
you
in
error, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute,
or retain this message or any part of it.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer
viruses.
However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or
damage
your systems due to viruses or malicious code not detected.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of
the
author and do not necessarily reflect those of the organisations
within
the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Health Community.

This email may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information
Act
2000
or
the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
-
-
-
-