[Digikam-users] How does one use digikam source for casual testing?

Lawrence Plug ljp at dal.ca
Thu May 8 16:48:11 BST 2008

Hi Paul,

I'm using the latest beta of 0.9.4 and find it very stable. It
hasn't done anything nasty :-). I kept 0.9.3 which comes in my
linux distribution's repositories, but never use it now
that I have 0.9.4. Your mileage may vary of course.

I wouldn't do it without backups (but of course we should have
those anyway, beta program or not).  I have about 400GB
of photos managed by digikam, and mainly use unison (very handy
backup utility) to maintain a local mirror of my image tree on a
USB hard drive, and also a mirror on my server at work. In
addition, DVD backups sporadically.

cheers