[Digikam-users] Olympus Camedia C-480 Zoom camera and Digikam 0.9.2-final

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Mar 16 12:31:01 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:27:01AM +0000, Stephen Constantinou wrote:
> Dear Digikam
>
> I have an Olympus Camedia C-480 Zoom camera which works perfectly with
> Digikam 0.8.2 on my Mandriva 2007 machine.
>
> However, I have not managed to get it to work with Digikam 0.9.2-final
> on my Kubuntu laptop.  I have tried all the usb sockets on this machine
>   but the exact model is not found.  If I select Auto-Detect the camera
> detected is an Olympus C-370Z.
>
> Once detected and added to the list, I press Camera > Olympus C-370Z.
> However the error message is "Error failed to list files in /".  I
> retested on the Mandriva using the same camera and lead and it worked.
>
> As a result of the camera connecting to the laptop a new icon called
> "USB MAss Storage Interface", appears on the desktop.
> If I click this dolphin opens and reports an error: "Could not read file
>   Error writing to the port".
>
> Is it possible to solve this problem.

I have an Olympus Camedia C-460 which works fine if you set it up as a
USB mass storage device.  I have a note to myself which says:-

    * Connect the camera to the USB port
    * Look in /var/log/messages, there should be a new device /dev/sdc1 created
    * As root "mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/camera"
    * The pictures will then be in /mnt/camera/dcim/100olymp
    * Create a new directory in /two/pictures/downloads and copy the pictures there

Obviously your destination directory won't be /two/pictures/downloads
so you'll have to adjust that for your set-up.  You'll also have to
create /mnt/camera (or whatever you want to call it).

--
Chris Green