[Digikam-users] Installing Digikam from SVN

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Mar 8 05:52:18 GMT 2008

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I'm now getting this output, after installing everything that replaces
> libqt3-dev:
> ...snip...
> checking for rpath... yes
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!
>
> What is it trying to tell me? Googling the error message leads me to
> believe that either I should be running the script as root (I doubt
> that), or that I need to install kdelibs-devel. However, there does
> not seem to be such a package available.

Well, I have to admit that I mislead you with my remark yesterday.
To find available packages one should use
   aptitude search qt3
which would list libqt3-mt-dev  (which you did install by now).
(The command `dpkg -l` only lists installed packages,
while `dpkg -L package-name` lists the files of the package - sorry
for the confusion!!!)
Another useful package is `apt-file`
(ie. `sudo aptitude install apt-file` followed by
`sudo apt-file update` to update the information from time to time.
Then `apt-file search filename` searches for all packages containing
the given filename!).

Now back to kde headers:
Use `aptitude search kde | grep dev`
which (among  a lot of stuff) lists   `kde-devel`
This should get you going to the next step.

BTW: did you already install libjasper
(see http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/dependencies)

And: don't hesitate to ask!!

Best, Arnd